There are two ways to assign tasks to users in Tracker. You can assign tasks individually or in bulk.
Assigning tasks individually
You can assign tasks in a checklist to any user who has access to the checklist, that is, users and groups added to the access control list (ACL) for the matter that contains the checklist. For a public matter, any user who's added to the iManage Work Server that you're currently connected to can be assigned a task in the checklist.
Users who don't have access to the checklist are considered external users. They're allowed to view only their tasks and not the entire checklist. The following confirmation message is displayed when you try to assign tasks to external users.
Figure: External user confirmation
Any user with Read/Write access or Full access can assign tasks to other users or to themselves using the following steps:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the Assignee column for the task and select the Assign to user or group icon.
- In the search field, type one or more character of the user's or group's name.
- Select the desired user or group from the search results.
The assignee column displays a thumbnail of the photo if available, otherwise the initials of the first name and last name are displayed within a circle. For groups, the icon is displayed and the name appears when users hover over the icon.
If the name of a group or user is too long to be displayed fully in the search result list, you can hover over the name. A tooltip displays the complete name so that you can confirm and select the correct name.
Figure: Tooltip for long names
Changing/removing task assignee
Hover the mouse pointer over the Assignee column for the task, select the assignee, and:
- To remove the assignee: Select or press Command+D (macOS) or Ctrl+D (Microsoft Windows) or select the six dots icon next to the user's or group's name, then select Remove.
- To change the assignee: In the search field, type one or more letter of the required user's or group's name and select the desired option from the search results.
Bulk assignee for tasks
The bulk assignee feature helps you select or change an assignee for multiple tasks simultaneously. The bulk assignee feature is available in the checklist view. After you've selected multiple tasks to assign, select Assign from the top menu. A list of assignees drops down and you can select an assignee from the list or by using the search bar.
Figure: Select multiple tasks, then select Assign
Figure: Select assignee from the drop down